Rummanah Aasi



 Welcome to Forbidden Reads! Join me in celebrating your freedom to read. My goal for this regular feature is to highlight challenged and/or banned books from each literary audience: children's, YA, and adult. Not only will I be doing a review of the book, I will also include information as to where and why the book was challenged/banned.

Join me in the fight against censorship. If you would like to join me and do a review or a guest post for this feature, I would be thrilled! Just email me at: rummanaha(at)hotmail(dotcom) and we'll set up a schedule. I would also love to have an author's input on censorship and their first hand experience. If you are an author who would like to participate in this feature, please email me at  rummanaha(at)hotmail(dotcom).
I'm currently working on a list of books to get me started. I will post all the books I've read for this feature on this page:

                                                            Books I Read for Forbidden Reads



  1. Tenderness by Robert Cormier
  2. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher

4 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Oooo love when you do this Rummanah! What's been banned never fails to shock me, especially the reasoning behind the challenge. I'll never understand.


  2. Yeah! I am so glad to see that you are making this a regular feature on your blog. I would love to participate but it will be a ways down the line since I put everything into my calendar and it is booked through June. Ridiculous I know but at least I made the commitment to tame that TBR and it will be done. I would be delighted though to do something in summer. Do you have a list of books or a particular book you think I would or should highlight?


  3. Love this idea. Can't wait to see what you do with it!


  4. Candace Says:

    Oh yay! I'm definitely going to be watching for this feature!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails