Rummanah Aasi
 I would like to welcome Sadie from Melissa Jensen's adorable, new book The Fine Art of Truth and Dare, which will be released this week. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my review of the book. Please help me welcome Sadie to the blog!
 
If you were Andie Walsh from Pretty in Pink, who would you choose: Blaine or Duckie? 

I know I should say Duckie. Right? I should say Duckie. But that would be like kissing my really, really good friend Frankie. Nope. I have to say Blaine. He’s cute. And I figure his family’s a lot like mine, so we would be able to talk… Yes, definitely. Blaine.

Coffee or tea? 

Cinnamon latte. But sugar-free with skim milk. Sigh.

Who are you most likely to fall for: the nice guy or the complex bad boy (or girl in case that is the gender preference)? 

Well, what I really really want is someone who will maybe write a poem for me or sing to me. And totally not care that I am not a size 2. Honestly? I don’t think you can change people and I don’t think people are ever really transformed from beastly to beautiful because someone loved them enough. So shouldn’t we just go for the nice to begin with…?

Would you rather live in London or Dublin?
 
I’m trying to decide whether to be a pastry chef or a psychologist. So maybe London? I love Dublin. I adore Dublin. But London just does cake and crazy a little better.
In your opinion is Ella's crush on Alex unreasonable, crazy, or just a fleeting experience?
I don’t want her to get hurt. I really really just don’t want her to get hurt. I mean, Alex is better than most of his friends, but guys like him just don’t see girls like Ella, not really. Or they see the unimportant stuff. So, I don’t know. I just don’t want her to get hurt…

Being dressed up or the causal, comfortable look? 

Oh, God. My mom is into deconstructed Japanese couture and wants to pick all of my clothes. My jacket has a third sleeve stitched to the back. It’s like wearing a straightjacket. Please please let me fill my closet with soft sweaters and Uggs!

Sixteen Candles or Some kind of Wonderful

Sixteen Candles. For my sixteenth birthday, my dad had his girlfriend buy me a watch at Cartier. It was exactly the same watch that his last girlfriend picked out last year. My mom was in Paris. She sent me a pair of Christian Louboutin sandals with four inch heels. I know I sound horrible, complaining like that. I’m so sorry! But, still, I just hoped, maybe… No, no. I’ll stop.

Do you prefer an instant love or the slow burn romance?

Oh, yes, please. Please.

Optimist or pessimist? 

Well, I love fairy tales with happy endings and John Hughes movies and acapella music. I can’t see how a world that has those things could be bad. So, an optimist. Absolutely.
Book endings where everything is tied up in a bow or a realistic yet hopeful ending?
Honestly? I really really love the Happily Ever After. I especially love the stories where the ordinary girl gets the really interesting boy. Because I really believe we’re not ever quite as ordinary as maybe other people see us as being. And a boy who’s interesting is probably interested in all sorts of things, so he’ll probably look a little deeper… I’m babbling. Sorry!

Superman or Batman?
 
Batman. The idea of x-ray vision makes me a little uncomfortable.


Introvert or extrovert? 

When I’m with Ella and Frankie, I’m a total extrovert. They’re the best friends remotely imaginable. I’ll even do karaoke when I’m with them. Except Frankie hates my song choices… Otherwise? I’m pretty quiet.

Favorite feature on a person of interest: eyes or smile?
 
Eyes. They tell you an awful lot. My mom insists on me going to Philadelphia’s top dentist and orthodontist. I’ve seen the before and after pics of the smiles they can create.
If you have a crush on someone would you like him/her from a distance or act upon it?
I would like to say that I would act on it. I would really like to say that. But the only thing that scares me more than talking to boys I don’t know is the idea of being naked in front of anybody! I probably shouldn’t have shared that, right? TMI. I’m so sorry.

Love and have lost or not love at all? 

Love. Completely. Isn’t that sort of the meaning of life? To love completely, no matter what happens in return?

Thank you so much for stopping by, Sadie! I may be in the minority but I would have chose Duckie. Blaine just seems, pardon the pun, plain and boring. 


"Pretty in Pink" meets "Anna and the French Kiss" in this charming romantic comedy
Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her. She's got her friends - the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She's got her art - and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they're dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?
6 Responses
  1. "Because I really believe we’re not ever quite as ordinary as maybe other people see us as being"

    Melissa, I seriously love you! That's exactly how I feel! It's like, you see this outside me, but maybe, just maybe, there is more to me than that. I'm actually nothing how you perceive. It's my favorite part of getting to know someone. Also, 16 candles...I HEART JAKE!


  2. I enjoyed your interview questions all the John Hughes references took me back a few years. This is a book I am interested in reading. I love the idea of a John Hughes type book in Paris!


  3. Jenny Says:

    I have to say I think Sadie has a really good point about the whole superman x-ray vision thing. I don't think I would enjoy questioning whether or not he was using his ability every moment of the day when he looked at me. Privacy is a lovely thing:) This sounds like such a cute story, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Awesome interview ladies!


  4. I'm all about HEAs, too! And you can't go wrong with the nice guy, the one who's open and will to show you LOVE!

    Awesome interview. It made me feel so inspired. Thank you, ladies.


  5. Great interview! I'd so much rather live in London. I spent time in both cities and adored London. Dublin was nice too though. I loved Grafton street. But I adore the feel of London.


  6. TayteH Says:

    Interview was great. I love the last answer. :D


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails