Rummanah Aasi

  Today's topic for Top 10 Tuesday, an awesome feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is discussing our most anticipated books for 2013. Here are just a few of mine, in release order, along with a link to Goodreads.


January 2013

Catherine by April Lindner- I loved how Lindner retold Jane Eyre and I can't wait to see what she's done with Wuthering Heights. (Stand-alone)

Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepard- A retelling of Dr. Moreau's Island by H.G. Wells told from the perspective of his daughter. (Stand-alone; Debut Author)



Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook- Bonnie and Clyde meets If I Stay (Stand alone; Debut Author)


Just One Day by Gayle Forman- I can't wait to read a new contemporary series by this fabulous author! (New Series)


February 2013

Pivot Point by Kasie West- A clever premise that sounds a lot like the movie Sliding Doors that featured Gwenthy Paltrow (New series; Debut Author)









April 2013

My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi- Sixteen-year-old Lucy never thought it would happen to her. She planned on becoming a Broadway star, living out her days with her leading man, Ty. Instead, a new girl walks off with her role and her guy. Lucy flies off the rails and does something completely out of character. Something with consequences she'll have to live with the rest of her life...

What will she tell her family? Her friends? Off script and without the comforts of her simple high school problems, Lucy must figure out how to live and even embrace a life she thought was all but over.  (Stand-alone, Debut Author)



May 2013

The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller- Sounds like a funny, contemporary romance ala Big Bang Theory. (Stand-alone)

Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan- sounds like an unique paranormal romance from two great YA authors. (Stand-alone)







June 2013



Linked by Imogen Howson- Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.
Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world. (Stand-alone; Debut Author)

August 2013

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke-
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it. (New series, Debut Author)
Labels: , , | edit post
10 Responses
  1. I love how you describe Nobody But Us. Definitely makes me want to read it.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    'Just One Day' sounds so good! Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland


  3. Wow! This is a great post. I can't believe it is time to enter into 2013. I am liking the sound of that last book, but there are many others I would like to check out. Thanks for posting!


  4. Candace Says:

    Awesome list! Madman's Daughter sounds great and I'm super excited for Gayle's new book. And I love the title of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. It sounds good too!


  5. Daisy Says:

    So many amazing sounding releases! I'm really excited about Catherine, Just One Day and Pivot Point as well!


  6. Oh wow! You've got some incredible books on your list! I loved the movie Sliding Doors. I didn't think anyone had ever heard of it besides me. These books look amazing, especially that last one! Have to add some to my list!

    Heather


  7. Jenni Elyse Says:

    I've been so out of it with new books next year. I haven't heard of any of these. But, your descriptions make them sound interesting, especially Invisibility.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I really liked Lindner's Jane too, but I'm not sure I want to read Catherine. I'm not really a huge Wuthering Heights fan.


  9. Ooh these are all new to me. Love the covers for Pivot Point and Linked. Hope the books are as good as the covers :-)


  10. Angela Says:

    The Summer I Became a Nerd sounds like an absolute fun read! Thanks so much for sharing.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails