Rummanah Aasi
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on! This week I've got my eyes on two books: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White. 


The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

It began for our narrator forty years ago when the family lodger stole their car and committed suicide in it, stirring up ancient powers best left undisturbed. Dark creatures from beyond the world are on the loose, and it will take everything our narrator has just to stay alive: there is primal horror here, and menace unleashed - within his family and from the forces that have gathered to destroy it. 

His only defense is three women, on a farm at the end of the lane. The youngest of them claims that her duckpond is an ocean. The oldest can remember the Big Bang.
(Courtesy of Goodreads)

Expected to be released according to Amazon: June 18th, 2013
Why am I excited? I've really enjoyed Gaiman's previous novels and I'm always astounded by his creative, weird, and twisted imagination. I expect no less from this one. 


The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all. 
(Courtesy of Goodreads)

Expected to be released according to Amazon: September 10, 2013
Why am I excited? I love learning about mythologies from all around the world. I'm really curious to see how Ms. White tries to set this one apart from numerous MG and YA titles in this very popular trend.

What are you waiting for this week?

8 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    AWESOME PICKS RUMMANAH! I have actually never read anything by Neil Gaiman which is a tragedy, I know, but I hope to remedy that this year. And I'm DYING for The Chaos of Stars. Egyptian mythology? YES PLEASE!


  2. I'm super excited for Chaos of Stars. I loved Paranormalcy. I haven't read Mind Games. I think this new book is more my style.


  3. BookInHand Says:

    I can't wait to read the Chaos of the Stars! NEW FOLLOWER


  4. Neil Gaiman is always fabulous. wow! Kiersten White is busy this year. These both sound like great reads! Thanks for the suggestions!


  5. I have never read a Neil Gaiman book. I don't know where I'd start, probably not with this one. I'm thinking with The Graveyard Book. But I love Kiersten White so I am definitely adding this one to my list. I wanted to be an archaeologist for a short time in college (until I realized I'd most likely be working in deserts). Egyptology has always fascinated me. Can't wait to read this one!

    Heather


  6. Elizabeth Says:

    I love Neil Gaiman so I'm really excited for his new book. I hadn't heard of the other book but it def sounds interesting so I'll have to put that one on my to-read list as well!


  7. I've only read a few of Neil Gaiman's previous book, but I'm really excited about this one. The cover is stunning, too. :) The Chaos of Stars sounds fantastic, though I've come to realise that White's writing just doesn't work for me. I've been mostly disappointed by her previous book. I hope you enjoy it, though! :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Such fantastic WoW picks! I'm dying to read the new Gaiman, and I've been excited about Chaos since the cover came out. I love Egyptian mythology, so this is going to be fun. Thanks for sharing!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails