Rummanah Aasi
 I am so far behind in my reading! I have a long list of books that I need to read during Summer Break and I really hope I can finish all of them. Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine! This week I am waiting for the release of two books, one adult and one YA: How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry and Crossing Ebenezer Creek by Tonya Bolden.



How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry
Publish date: May 19, 2017
Publisher: Orion Books


I first saw this book while attending a library webinar and I knew I had to read it. It sounds perfect for any bibliophile on a breezy summer day.  

Everyone has a story . . . but will they get the happy ending they deserve?

Emilia has just returned to her idyllic Cotswold hometown to rescue the family business. Nightingale Books is a dream come true for book-lovers, but the best stories aren't just within the pages of the books she sells - Emilia's customers have their own tales to tell.

There's the lady of the manor who is hiding a secret close to her heart; the single dad looking for books to share with his son but who isn't quite what he seems; and the desperately shy chef trying to find the courage to talk to her crush.

And as for Emilia's story, can she keep the promise she made to her father and save Nightingale Books?



Crossing Ebenezer Creek by Tonya Bolden
Publish Date: May 30, 2017
Publisher: Bloomsbury

 This historical fiction book has been receiving stellar reviews. I am also curious to learn more about this little known Civil War tragedy.


When Mariah and her young brother Zeke are suddenly freed from slavery, they set out on Sherman’s long march through Georgia during the Civil War. Mariah wants to believe that the brutalities of slavery are behind them forever and that freedom lies ahead. When she meets Caleb, an enigmatic young black man also on the march, Mariah soon finds herself dreaming not only of a new life, but of true love as well. But even hope comes at a cost, and as the treacherous march continues toward the churning waters of Ebenezer Creek, Mariah’s dreams are as vulnerable as ever.
2 Responses
  1. Both of these sound good and I haven't heard or either one before. Onto the list they go.


  2. Kindlemom Says:

    These both sound great, I hope you love them when you get copies!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails