Rummanah Aasi
  I'm very happy to welcome Rob from Heather Davis's latest young adult novel Wherever You Go to the blog today to answer a few questions from me. I absolutely loved the book. Be sure to look for my review of the book tomorrow. Wherever You Go will be released next week, so be sure and pick up a copy! 



Hi Rob, thanks for stopping by today. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? 

I was just a normal guy and now I’m wandering, stuck between the living and the dead, I guess. There’s no handbook -- there’s no expert telling me what’s going on.

I've heard that you and Holly were involved in a terrible accident. What happened?

If I remembered all that happened that night I would tell you. It’s all kind of fuzzy up to this point. But, I met this old guy - Holly’s Grandpa Aldo, and he’s helping me remember more, talk about stuff I never talked about.


If you could choose a song that would best represent your relationship with Holly what would it be? 

I love Holly, but I don’t think about music seriously like that. I’m more likely to goof around to some classic Beastie Boys than to think about Holly when I hear some love song.


How can your loved ones help you feel satisfied and move over to the other side?

They can’t -- that’s the problem. They can’t see me, or hear me. I’m stuck here observing and feeling helpless. If it wasn’t for Aldo, I’d feel even more lost.


Has your belief in ghosts changed at all considering your status now?

Um, yeah! I didn’t give the afterlife much thought when I was part of the living. But, still, now that I’m a ghost I haven’t seen any others.
 
Thanks for dropping by, Rob. I really hope you can get some answers with Grandpa Aldo's help. You seem more mysterious than you appear.

Seventeen-year-old Holly Mullen has felt lost and lonely ever since her boyfriend, Rob, died in a tragic accident. The fact that she has to spend most of her free time caring for her little sister and Alzheimer’s-stricken grandfather doesn’t help. But Holly has no idea that as she goes about her days, Rob’s ghost is watching over her. He isn’t happy when he sees his best friend, Jason, reach out to help Holly with her grandfather—but as a ghost, he can do nothing to stop it. Is his best friend really falling for his girlfriend?
     As Holly wonders whether to open her heart to Jason, the past comes back to haunt her. Her grandfather claims to be communicating with the ghost of Rob. Could the messages he has for Holly be real? And if so, how can the loved ones Rob left behind help his tortured soul make it to the other side?
3 Responses
  1. Oh Rob! I'm sorry to hear about your wandering, but I'm glad you found someone to talk to. That's important no matter what form you find yourself in.

    P.S. I love me some classic Beastie Boys too!


  2. Lauren M Says:

    Poor Rob. He's very much a guy with the music thing, though. They rarely think about music as representative of a real-life situation! :P


  3. I just read this one and loved it because the way that characters deal with Rob's death felt pretty realistic even if there was some drama. Also, poor Grandpa Aldo; his situation made me cry.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails