Rummanah Aasi
  It's Monday and time for Manga Mondays! Manga Mondays is a meme hosted by Alison at Alison Can Read where bloggers can share their passion for reading mangas. It's a great place to get new manga titles to try and to meet new bloggers. One of my favorite manga series, Vampire Knight, is going to be finished very soon with a total of 19 volumes in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed Volume 18 which sets up the finale quite nicely and I'm very curious to see how this series ends.

Description: Yuki and Zero team up to go after Kaname. Yuki and Kaname fight each other in the headquarters of the Hunter Society while Sara tries to control Zero through her blood. The female progenitor’s origin metal intervenes, and Yuki realizes there is only one way to stop Kaname

Review: Vampire Knight Volume 18 is the penultimate volume full of action sequences and surprising twists which sets up the events for the finale. The running theme of this volume is sacrifice. Each character must make a decision to lose something precious to them. 
  Yuki and Zero continue to chase Kaname down - trying to reach him before the purebloods seal his fate, however, the progenitor furnace is also reaching its critical mass - and with it, all chances the humans have to fight the vampire menace. Yuki will learn some hard truths about Kaname in this book before taking a drastic final act at the end. Will she align with Kaname or will she join Zero who she realized she can not live without?
  Unlike a lot of the previous volumes of this series, I had to reread this volume a couple of times because the pacing is at a break-neck speed and I thought I missed a few things in my first read. The Sara arc is finished quite nicely and I'm glad that it didn't extend into the next volume. I'm still confused as to why Kaname killed a certain pureblood and was disappointed to not see his reasoning in this volume. 

  This volume has a lot of full page visuals and too many close-up of characters. I love the emotional intensity between the characters which leap off the page when it is depicted in the wide panels. It is clear that Yuki is at a crossroads and neither paths she can take are easy. I can't wait to see how this series, particularly this love triangle ends.

Rating: 4 stars

Words of Caution: There is some strong violence and some language. Recommended for teens and up.

If you like this book try: Vampire Knight Volume 19 by Matsuri Hino, Black Bird series by Millennium Snow series by Bisco Hatori
2 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Noooooooo love triangles Rummanah! I can't seem to escape them lately no matter where I turn. I hope the triangle in this case ends the way you want it to though, that always makes things a little bit better:)


  2. Not a fan of the love triangle, but I really do like the sound of the action! Oh I hope this one stays good for you!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails