Rummanah Aasi
Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader
Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography
at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



  I am trying to diversify my reads and would like to increase how many nonfiction books that I read in a year. Thanks to The Introverted Reader, I can challenge myself to read more nonfiction books.

The Challenge:  Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult.That's it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge. 

I always like levels in my challenges, so here are mine:

Dilettante--Read 1-5 non-fiction books

Explorer--Read 6-10 

Seeker--Read 11-15

Master--Read 16-20

This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2015. You can sign up anytime throughout the year. 

I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers. You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.

Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable, and feel free to read your books in any format you like.

My goal for this challenge is to read 10 nonfiction books.

Books Read for the Nonfiction Challenge
italics = Reviewed

  1. The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
  2. The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore
  3. Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson
  4. Tomboy by Liz Prince
  5. Lincoln Grave Robbers by Steve Sheiken
  6. A Splash of Red: The Art and Life of Horace Pippin by Jennifer Bryant
  7. Hoop Genius by John Coy
  8. A Boy and a Jaguar by Alan Rabnowitz
  9. Positive by Paige Rawl
  10. This Book is Gay by James Dawson
  11. Dead Duke, His Secret Wife, and the Missing Corpse by Piu Marie Eatwell
2 Responses
  1. Small Review Says:

    Good luck! I'm curious to see which non-fic books you pick.

    I was tempted to partake in this challenge too, but I don't want to overload myself too much. I actually ended up reading and loving two non-fiction books last year, which is huge for me. I'm hoping to add a few more this year.


  2. Cool! I'm participating in this challenge too! Can't wait to see the books you're reading for the challenge. =)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails