Rummanah Aasi
 I apologize for the lack of posts this week. The end of the school year craze is in full gear and I am trying my best to handle it all. Unfortunately, that means blogging has been on the back burner, but I hope to be in full swing next week. *Fingers crossed*

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine! This week I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Roshani Choksi's debut novel The Star-Touched Queen. This book has been all over the blogosphere and has received a lot of hype, which makes me a bit nervous to pick it up. 






The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi 
Publish date: April 26, 2016
Publisher: Macmillian


 The main reasons why I am excited for this book:

  • Standalone fantasy
  • Mystery with the protagonist's self-discovery
  • Romance 
  • Indian mythology and folklore 


Maya is cursed. With a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction, she has earned only the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her whole world is torn apart when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. Soon Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Neither roles are what she expected: As Akaran's queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar's wife, she finds something else entirely: Compassion. Protection. Desire.

But Akaran has its own secrets -- thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Soon, Maya suspects her life is in danger. Yet who, besides her husband, can she trust? With the fate of the human and Otherworldly realms hanging in the balance, Maya must unravel an ancient mystery that spans reincarnated lives to save those she loves the most . . . including herself.
4 Responses
  1. Oh great pick. It is a standalone? Nice!!


  2. Unknown Says:

    I love folklore and mythology. And a standalone at that! I'll have to keep my eye out for this one.


  3. Kindlemom Says:

    I still need to read the first one, but this is definitely a series I want to start!


  4. Yes! I'm really excited about this one too :)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails