Rummanah Aasi
It's that time of year again! As this post goes live, I will only have two days left of the school year before summer starts. Once again I am composing a summer reading list for myself to help me work through my TBR pile. I had great success with the list in the past. All of these books are in addition to the Ramadan Reading Challenge. Here is my list in no particular order.


Adult


Circe by Madeline Miller- I really enjoyed Miller's debut novel, The Song of Achilles, and I can't wait to see how she retells Circe's story. 

Girls Burn Brighter by Shoba Rao - A contemporary title that focuses on female friendship set in India and America.


The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden - I didn't get a chance to fit this in when it was released in January but I'm really looking forward to more adventures with Vasya.



YA


Again I had the hardest time with creating this portion of my list!

From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon- I loved When Dimple Met Rishi and I'm really looking forward to see what Twinkle has to offer.

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black- I waited until the hype died down but I'm excited to jump back in to the fae world.

The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X. R. Pan - I know this is not going to be an easy read but I have never heard nothing but rave review for this book.

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren- I can't count how many times people have asked if I read this book and I have seen it populate so many favorite lists from last year. I'm looking forward to reading it.


Middle Grade/Childrens


Bob by Wendy Mass and Rebecca Stead- With two powerhouse middle grade writers, I have really high expectations for this one!

The Stars Beneath Our Feet by David Barclay Moore- A contemporary debut novel that won the Coretta Scott King Award and the movie rights have been sold to Michael B. Jordan's production company.

Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo #3) by Rick Riordan - Of course summer would not be complete without a book by Rick Riordian!



This is just a small sampling of book that are on my reading list. Looking at my current spreadsheet, I have around 50 titles or so. I'm also catch up on my Netgalley queue too.  Have you read any of these titles? If so, what did you think of them? What is on your summer reading list? Let know in the comments below!
4 Responses
  1. I just finished the Astonishing Color of After. I haven't reviewed it yet. I will look forward to seeing what you think of it.


  2. The Girl in the Tower wasn’t quite as good as the first one, but still good. Many of these on your list are new to me, need to look them up.


  3. Nice list! I hope you get to read them all


  4. Kindlemom Says:

    Great list! Good luck with all of your summer reading and yay for it being summer break (here soon too!).


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails