Rummanah Aasi

  I haven't participated in this awesome meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish for quite some time. The meme is created to share top 10 lists with fellow bloggers on bookish topics. Today's topic is one of own choice. I wanted to do mine on literary crushes. I can't help but fall in love with some book characters. This lists focuses on my lesser known crushes. Here they are in no particular order:

Top 10 Literary Crushes

1. Curran (aka the Beast Lord of Atlanta) from Illona Andrews's Kate Daniels series is one of my all time favorite male characters  who makes me smile, laugh, and swoon. Not only is he gorgeous, but his got a wicked sense of humor and his chemistry with Kate is the highlight of this series for me.

2. Adam Wilde from If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman. I fell for him from the very first page he appeared. Adam is a singer, song writer, guitar playing, witty, smart, and all around gorgeous guy.  He is intense and flawed but has a beautiful soul.

3. Simon Lewis from the Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. I went to a Cassandra Clare signing earlier this year. She had asked who I preferred Jace or Simon. She did a double take when I told her I liked Simon better. Simon is a witty, loyal, sweet, and always around when you need him. He's a much more down to earth kind of guy.

4. Sam Roth from the Wolves of Mercy series by Maggie Stiefvater. Sam is the quiet, hopeless romantic who I adore. He has a love for poetry and constantly translates his feelings into lyrics.

5. Prince Greening Grandemalion aka Prince Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. While I still think his nickname is quite unusual (it's derived from the Po tree, because it's leaves are silver and gold, like his eyes), he gets bonus points for accepting Katsa for who she is and inspiring her to trust herself.

6.  Eldric Clayborne from Chime by Frannie Billingsley. Eldric could have easily run away from Briony as her troubles become larger and almost engulfing her, but refused and fought beside her to find the truth. Witty, smart, and incredibly charming, Eldric is hard to dislike.

7. Tucker Avery from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. Tucker is the laid back, easy going kind of guy that always manages to bring a smile on your face. He is genuinely warm and will help take dateless girls to a school dance.

8. Samuel Cornick and Adam Hauptman from the Mercy Thompson series. Okay, I cheated and couldn't pick one of the two. Both are alpha males who care deeply for Mercy. Smart, sensitive, and a great sense of humor, I'd love to have either one.

9. Jay Heaton from The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead, and the upcoming Last Echo by Kimberly Derting- The epitome of a best friend turned boyfriend. He is protective, understanding, super sweet, and down right irresistible.

10. Calvin O'Keefe from A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle. *Sighs* My first literary crush from 5th grade. Calvin was cute, smart, and not afraid to embrace the weird.

So that's my list. Who's on yours? Be sure to check out Missie at the Unread Reader for her fun and fabulous meme, My Book Boyfriend, which she hosts every Wednesdays!
13 Responses
  1. Jules Says:

    How is it that Butch didn't make this list???

    *sigh* Now I'm gonna have to think about this...


  2. Sash and Em Says:

    LOVE Adam!

    New follower!

    Check out Sash's Top Ten Guys Who Didn't Get The Girl!
    Also check out our GREAT giveaways!


  3. Jenni Elyse Says:

    Oh, how I agree with you with Prince Po. I love, love, LOVE Po. I think he's my favorite literary crush, other than Peeta or Jace.


  4. Can't believe that Mr. Darcy isn't on the list. I've had a crush on him since I first read Pride and Prejudice in my teens. Fun list!

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books


  5. OMG Rummanah! I love this list!!! I kind of feel like slapping myself right now because though I've heard of all these guys, there are a few on you list whose books I haven't read yet. I need to make it a point to do so, then I can use them for MBB! :P

    Thanks so much for the shot out. You made my day.


  6. Lacey Says:

    Hey there! Great Top Ten list. I love the Kate Daniel's series, and Curran is delicious. I don't think this series gets enough attention.

    I'm a new follower :)
    You can checkout my Top Ten list HERE

    And don't forget to checkout my GREAT giveaway
    HERE


  7. Jules: *sheepish grin* You know exactly why!

    Sash and Em: Thanks for stopping by! LOVE him too. :)

    Jenni: Yep, gotta love a man who doesn't force a woman to change her ways.

    Anne: He's an obvious crush. I'm going for the lesser known ones!

    Missie: What?! Which ones have you not read yet. And your MBB meme is awesome. I look forward to it every Wednesday!

    Lacey: I completely agree! Thanks for stopping by. :)


  8. Small Review Says:

    Oh big YES to Jay and Tucker :D I haven't read most of the others, but most of them are on my TBR. What good motivation this list is :P


  9. Who wouldn't fall in love with Calvin?! Perfect geeky boyfriend!


  10. LBC Says:

    Adam Wilde was a pretty dreamy literary character. Fun list!

    Come check out my list for the week at The Scarlet Letter.


  11. Great choices! I'm definitely with you on Adam, Simon, and Sam. (although I like Jace better than Simon)


  12. I see a few of my favourite book boyfriends on here like Tucker Avery, Adam Wilde, Jay Heaton and Adam Hauptman. And I also see a bunch I need to meet! Great list :)


  13. Jenny Says:

    Oooo so many of my crushes are on this list Rummanah! I just adore Curran, I can't get enough of him in the Kate Daniels books:) And then Tucker! LOVE Tucker, so, so, so excited for Hallowed!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails