Rummanah Aasi

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on! This week I've got my eyes on two books: Secret (Elementals #4) by Brigid Kemmerer and Lady Thief (Scarlet #2) by A.C. Gaughen.


Nowhere is safe. Not even home…

Nick Merrick is stretched to the breaking point.

Keep his grades sky-high or he’ll never escape his hometown.
Keep his brother’s business going or the Merricks will be out on the street.
Keep the secret of where he’s going in the evenings from his own twin—-or he’ll lose his family.

Keep his mind off the hot, self-assured dancer who’s supposed to be his “girlfriend’s” partner.

Of course there’s also the homicidal freak Quinn has taken to hanging around, and the Elemental Guide counting the hours until he can try again to kill the Merrick brothers.

There’s a storm coming. From all sides. And then some.

Nick Merrick, can you keep it together?


Expected Release Date: January 28, 2014

Why am I waiting?: I'm a huge fan of the Elementals series and have finally caught up on the series. The novella titled Breathless ends with a huge revelation about Nick Merrick that made my jaw drop (in a good way) and I can't wait to read his story.


Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again.

Expected Release Date: February 11, 2014

Why am I waiting?: I thoroughly enjoyed Gaughen's debut novel, Scarlet, which re-imagines the famous story of Robin Hood with the focus on a strong female character. Normally I get irritated with series because they just seem unending, however, there were so many loose plot threads and I loved the characters in Scarlet that I really hoped there would be a sequel. Now I just have to wait until February!

What books are you waiting for this week?

4 Responses
  1. I just bought Scarlet last week after seeing Lady Thief on someone else's WoW. I haven't heard of the other series.


  2. I am desperate to read Nick's story! I think there's so much heartbreak ahead of him, I'm genuinely terrified to go into it. But excited as well, of course.

    And so many people loved Scarlet, I really should get to it already.


  3. Both look great but I really want Lady Thief because I am so going to read Scarlet hopfully soon! :)


  4. Scarlet is a must read book if you are really an avid fan of Robin Hood.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails