Rummanah Aasi
 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine! This week I'm eagerly awaiting the release of two books: The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters and Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira. Even though both books are released in quite a few months, they were too good to pass up. 


The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters 
Publish date: March 8, 2016
Publisher: Amulet Books


 Diversity + Shakespeare Retelling + Cat Winters.  Need I say more?

A thrilling reimagining of Shakespeare’s HamletThe Steep and Thorny Way tells the story of a murder most foul and the mighty power of love and acceptance in a state gone terribly rotten.

1920s Oregon is not a welcoming place for Hanalee Denney, the daughter of a white woman and an African-American man. She has almost no rights by law, and the Ku Klux Klan breeds fear and hatred in even Hanalee’s oldest friendships. Plus, her father, Hank Denney, died a year ago, hit by a drunk-driving teenager. Now her father’s killer is out of jail and back in town, and he claims that Hanalee’s father wasn’t killed by the accident at all but, instead, was poisoned by the doctor who looked after him—who happens to be Hanalee’s new stepfather.

The only way for Hanalee to get the answers she needs is to ask Hank himself, a “haint” wandering the roads at night.




Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira 
Publish date: January 12, 2016
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press 



 This sounds beyond adorable and a must read for all booknerds. We've all thought fiction boys are much better, but I am curious about this Dev guy. :)

In a perfect world, sixteen-year-old Phoebe Martins’ life would be a book. Preferably a YA novel with magic and a hot paranormal love interest. Unfortunately, her life probably wouldn’t even qualify for a quiet contemporary. But when Phoebe finds out that Dev, the hottest guy in the clarinet section, might actually have a crush on her, she turns to her favorite books for advice. Phoebe overhauls her personality to become as awesome as her favorite heroines and win Dev’s heart. But if her plan fails, can she go back to her happy world of fictional boys after falling for the real thing?
6 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    YES TO BOTH OF THESE! I think book nerds everywhere have flagged Bookishly Ever After, and can absolutely relate to Phoebe's wish for a hot paranormal love interest ;-) I'm ready for all the book awesomeness that 2016 is going to bring!


  2. Kindlemom Says:

    These are both great picks but the Winter's book is definitely high on my list. I just love her writing style!


  3. I didn't know Cat Winters had another one on the horizon. I am just finshing up The Univnivted today. Both books look terrific.


  4. Both look so good. I have to say I'm wanting the Cat book more though. :D Great choices!


  5. Candace Says:

    Oh a bookish book! And yes, LOVE Cat Winters and I'm so excited for this one! Both are amazing sounding!


  6. I've had Bookishly Ever After on my wishlist for so long now because it sounds adorable. I had no clue though that Winters was going to be coming out with a book in March but am adding it to my wishlist since I enjoyed both The Cure for Dreaming and In the Shadow of Blackbirds.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails