Rummanah Aasi
 Every year there are books that are adapted into movies. 2016 seems to be the year for many highly anticipated book to movie adaptations such as the live-action Jungle Book and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Here are some adaptations that I'm really looking forward to watching in 2016.



A Monster Calls has been on my tbr list for quite sometime. I guess I really need to fit this book in before the month of October when the movie comes out! The book is basically about a young boy overcoming hard issues such as bullying and coping with his mother's terminal illness. I'm really curious as to how they will create the monster. This movie has an excellent cast featuring Felicity Jones, Liam Neeson, and Sigourney Weaver. It is directed by J.A. Boyona who also directed The Impossible.



Check out the trailer below:




  
The BFG, one of my childhood favorite books by Roald Dahl, is also getting the big screen treatment. It is directed by Steven Spielberg in July 2016. I love how this book teaches us to look beyond superficial appearances. The movie stars: Mark Rylance, Rebecca Hall, and Bill Hader.







Check out the trailer:

 


  There are other movie adaptations that I'm looking forward to seeing, however, they do not have a trailer yet:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. This is another book that has been on my tbr since it came out. Every Halloween I think of picking up this book, but when I take a look at the photos and I chicken out. Now that the series is over, I'm curious to check it out for real this time. The movie will be directed by Tim Burton and it will star: Eva Green, Samuel L. Jackson, Asa Butterfield, and Madame Judi Dench. I remember thinking when Miss Peregrine came out that this would the perfect Tim Burton movie. A perfect blend of quirky fantasy with some horror overtones.
 
Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. This was a great historical fiction, family drama read. It is about a lighthouse keeper and his wife living off the coast of Western Australia where they rescue a baby they found from an adrift rowboat and raise the baby on their own. I would highly recommend it. The movie stars: Alicia Vikander, Michael Fassbender, and Rachel Weisz. There is currently no release date on file. 





A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, this is another childhood favorite of mine. Calvin O'Keefe was my first book boyfriend. The book is in the "development stage" and there is no director or cast information at the moment. I only hope that whoever does this movie does not screw up. Fingers crossed that this adaptation will be much better than the awful tv movie adaptation back in 2003.

 These are just a few movies that I'm really looking forward to seeing in 2016. What about you? What are you excited to see on the big screen? Let me know in the comments below!
Labels: , , , | edit post
9 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    THE BFG!!!! YES RUMMANAH! That was one of my very favorite Roald Dahl books too along with James and the Giant Peach, so I can't wait to see it on the big screen. I haven't read Miss Peregrine's either, I feel like the photos will freak me out as they did you, but I know I'll be curious about the movie:)


  2. Unknown Says:

    Woah. I didn't even KNOW the trailer for A MONSTER CALLS was out! Wow. I'm so out of the loop, but that looks amazing. I can't wait!

    Hafsah, IceyBooks


  3. Oh wow! I haven't seen those trailers. I'm with you... looking forward to them all.


  4. Christina T Says:

    I can't wait to see Fantastic Beasts. I'm also looking forward to A Light Between Oceans. We read that in my book group and I think it could be a great film in the right hands.

    I want to see Me Before You. Hope it lives up to the book though I suspect it won't.


  5. danya Says:

    I didn't realize A Monster Calls was getting turned into a movie! I hope it does the book justice. The trailer looks quite good, so here's hoping. Also, yes, the BFG!! And I haven't read The Light Between Oceans but you've got me interested in it now, it sounds like something I might like.


  6. Kindlemom Says:

    I be these both will be great!


  7. I have had A Monster Calls on my list forever. I think I might do the audio. The trailer looks great! I'm already excited for the BFG!!


  8. Aylee Says:

    Oh you haven't read A Monster Calls yet?! Oh, I hope you do sometime. It's just so beautiful. And incredibly sad, heh. I hope the movie does the book justice! Also, I didn't know they were making a movie out of the BFG! Cool stuff.


  9. I'm really excited to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The BFG (which I haven't read). I also need to get around to reading A Monster Calls before the movie is released.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails