Rummanah Aasi


Today is the final discussion week of the Don't Fear the Reaper read-along! We'll be discussing the last chapters  of First Grave on the Right, the first book in the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. If you would like to join, please see this introduction post on how to get started! Many thanks to Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings for this week's questions.

1. What is the funniest t-shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? If you had a t-shirt that best described you what would it say?

 Thanks to this question, I spent hours looking at funny t-shirts and bumper stickers. I thought this was pretty funny, but I really liked this one:

Found on Cafepress.com

2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book.  Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones?  How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times day or night?  Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house?

I wouldn't mind helping the ghosts to other side. The random popping up at all times would be annoying, irritating, and not to mention distracting. For some reason, Mr. Wong creeps me out. Why is he still there and won't talk? Maybe if he talked it would be less creepy.  


3.  Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes' past.  Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene?  Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish?

 That's a hard question to answer. I think it depends on the situation. If the person is causing harm to themselves and/or to others then I feel obligated to intervene. It's hard to say for Reyes because we don't really know the full story until much later.


4. Do you like the fact that Charley consistently ends up getting her butt handed to her?  What are your overall thoughts on Charley?

I adore Charley. I love her wacky sense of humor and her genuine good heart to help those less fortunate. I also like the fact that while she may have some cool abilities, she is still left in the dark about her full potential. It's annoying to read about characters who know exactly what to do and have everything turn out fine. It's fun learning more about Charley as she discovers her full potential at the same time.


5.  Chapter 20 is a big, hot, smoking chapter.  We finally get some answers on Reyes.  Does the revelation change your opinion of him?  Do you think he can overcome his "nature" and be a good person or is Charley in big trouble?  

I think we all can agree that Reyes is physically hot, but I'm still unsure about him. How long did it take him to flip the switch? He is definitely going to be an interesting character to watch and grow. It's a bit too early to say whether or not Reyes is good for Charley. Personally, I love Garrett and Charley together though Charley treats Garret like crap.

6.  Did you enjoy this book?  Will you be continuing the series?   

First Grave on the Right was exactly a book that I needed during my most stressful time at work. It was an easy and enjoyable read that kept me laughing and guessing throughout the book. I do plan on continuing the series.  
9 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    LOVE that shirt Rummanah! I would buy that in a minute and where it to all my client meetings. That probably wouldn't go over very well though:) I'm really curious about Reyes, I need to pick up this book and read it for myself! He seems like he's dark and maybe damaged, and I fall for those boys every time.


  2. Hahah, I'm not a stupid people person either. Loved that! I didn't participate in this readalong simply because I have very little time this summer, but i love Darynda so much, and her books just keep getting funnier! Book 2 is a weak link, but 3 is hilarious. Also, heartbreaking. I hope you'll get to it soon.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Mr. Wong is really creepy, I have to agree on that. I am afraid that he is going to talk one day and what he says would be even creepier. But that's just me...


  4. I don't procastin....

    I do admit, I like Garrett, but he also gives as well as he gets. I'm nervous about Reyes too, but I'll still take him. :D


  5. What a great t shirt. I certainly feel like that right now, like I should be cleaning my kitchen and I am answering blog comments instead. I am so glad that this ended up being a great read for you during a stressful time. I did my job then by turning you into a new Darynda Jones fan! Thanks so much for being a part of the read along. I am glad you had fun!


  6. Unknown Says:

    LMAO! I love that shirt. I am a procrastinator myself.... hehe I put off writing reviews forever. It's bad. Reyes is hot but I don't fully trust him. I think he is trouble. I love Charley too!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Haha ...that t-shirt is great, I want one!!! Im bummed I missed doing this read-along...:(


  8. Agreed. This was a perfect stress relief fun book to read.


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Hі there all, here eνery one iѕ sharіng
    such familiarity, thus it's good to read this web site, and I used to go to see this blog daily.
    My web-site ; forex automated software


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails