Rummanah Aasi


Today is the third week of the Don't Fear the Reaper read-along! We'll be discussing the chapters eleven to sixteen of First Grave on the Right, the first book in the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. If you would like to join, please see this introduction post on how to get started! Many thanks to Jen @ In the Closet with a Bibliophile for this week's questions.

Questions Week 3
Chapters 11-16

1. I do have a soft spot for Charley's Aunt Lilian. She is sweet and soft while somehow also being a little dirty and I find that hilarious in an aunt. Do you have any relatives dead or alive that remind you of Aunt Lillian? If not, tell me about your favorite deceased relative. 

  Hrm..not really. Aunt Lillian is much more out there than my relatives. My relatives do have a great sense of humor and are incredibly caring. 

2.  In these chapters, we get a little closer to Reyes and his secrets. Neil, the warden at the prison where Reyes is currently incarcerated - and a high school mate of Charley's - tells a story about how Reyes ended up in the Coma and something he witnessed. What do you think of the story? What does this lead you to think about Reyes?

The guy's got issues. I thought it was interesting that Reyes is always mentioned in the same breath as violence. This was the point in the book where I had to finish it to find what Reye's true identity and how well Charley's theory of him played out. Now that I know what he is, it makes perfect sense to find himself in troubling situations. 

3.  One of the things I love most about Ubie and Charley's relationship is that Ubie aka Uncle Bob has absolute faith in our Charley. Maybe it's because Charley's been solving murder cases for ages and Ubie knows that Charley knows things. If you could pick a super power, which one would you choose? Seeing the dead? Invisibility?

Telepathy would work really well if I was a grim reaper like Charley. I could mess with peoples minds if they irritated me. LOL!

4.  Okay, in my opinion, there is nothing better than walking into your living room and seeing the god-like creature  of your dreams standing there waiting for you. If you were in Charley's shoes, who would be standing in your living room??

Oh, now that's just a cruel question! I don't have much space to list everyone, but I would limit it to my top ten literary crushes. As for celebs, Johnny Depp would be awesome. I could only imagine the story's he has to share.

5.  We get a surprise visit from Rosie's husband and we find out some information about Reyes...that he and The Big Bad are the same guy. What are your thoughts? Were you surprised about Rosie's husband or did you feel that one coming? What about Bad Reyes, had you already made the connection?

 I had my suspicions before that Reyes and the Big Bad were the same guy. I also anticipated to see Rosie's husband again. What I didn't know is how he could be in two places at once? Of course we figure out why at the end. :)
10 Responses
  1. My father's side is crazy eccentric, which is most likely where I get my crazy from. LOL! My Hubs family though, they're so conservative, it's scary. Sometimes I wonder if they know how to let loose.

    I was also wondering how Reyes could be in 2 places at once. I thought that was well played. Mostly because he's vulnerable while he's incorporeal and I like that aspect...that he's not unable to be hurt.

    And LOL at the telepathy comment. I like the way your mind works! ;)


  2. Kindlemom Says:

    If you ever get telepathy remind me never to tick you off. :P

    Great answers! :)


  3. Jenny Says:

    I would definitely not mind if Johnny Depp showed up in my living room. Preferably wearing the guyliner he can pull off like no one else:) I think if I had a super power I'd like to teleport - that would be brilliant. Telepathy would be cool as well as long as you could turn it on and off and you didn't have to listen to people's thoughts all the time:)


  4. Oh I'm glad you know more about MY Reyes... ;) Oh and I love the idea of having more than one waiting for you. Now, if you manage to get them in one room... I want to be invited! :D


  5. What no quirky relatives, everyone has at least one! Ok I checked out your book crushes and there are some good ones...Sam and Barrons and Tucker...you know I kind of like Cole from Mercy Falls!


  6. Unknown Says:

    My relatives are funny but not quite as out there as Aunt Lilian either. Telepathy would be a great power.


  7. My superpower choice would have to be either telepathy or teleportation. Think of all the time and money I could save!

    I would have said Johnny Depp as a celebrity too but it seems like he's having a midlife crisis or something lately so my opinion of him has deteriorated a bit.


  8. Kimberly Says:

    Johnny Depp is a great choice...it was hard for me to pick only one, too...that's why I went for a fictional character, haha!


  9. Unknown Says:

    I would only want selective telepathy...just for family and friends.


  10. You don't have one relative that is a little on the... shall we say, eccentric side? lol.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails