Rummanah Aasi
Manga Mondays is a meme hosted by Alison at Alison Can Read where bloggers can share their passion for reading mangas. It's a great place to get new manga titles to try and to meet new bloggers. I've really been enjoying Nana, the widely popular manga series.

Description (from Goodreads): Trapnest's bassist and Nana K. are getting married, but it's far from a joyous announcement. Nobu and Nana are devastated, and even the bassist's bandmates take the news hard. Will Nana K. ever get her happily ever after?

Review: Volume 9 is not as emotionally explosive as the previous volume and works as a place holder as the characters try to sort out the shocking news about Nana K. Things are slowly spiraling out of control. The d-bag bassist has taken over Nana K.'s decisions and decides that Nana K. will move out of the apartment she shares with Nana O. Thus the once quirky relationship that helped support both Nanas is now broken. Nana O. takes the "break up" close to heart and even suffers from a panic attack.
  Things get worse for Nana O. as Blast finds out that their dream of signing up with a label is actually far from their reality. The music company isn't sure how sell-able the band will be and thus defers from making their decision. The band must reconsider what they are able to give up in order to obtain the label.  
  Meanwhile, Trapnest is blind-sided by the bassist's sudden marriage. To help avoid scandal and a paparazzi blitz, the wedding will be announced to the public, however, Ren is cautioned to be careful when meeting Nana O. in fear of bad publicity. Hypocritical, no? We also find out that Reira, for some reason that I can't understand, has strong feelings for the bassist. How many people can love this jerk? What do they see in him? I just don't understand.


Rating: 3.5 stars

Words of Caution: There is strong sexual content, crude humor, and some language. Recommended for mature teens and adults only.

If you like this book try: Nana Vol 10 by Ai Yazawa
2 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Wow, things keep going further downhill for these two don't they? It's like a train wreck I can't look away from because I feel like I need to know who's going to walk away from it!


  2. Okay, neither my bookstore nor the library carry Nana, that's why I'm so far behind. I didn't even read your review because I'm afraid it's going to start ruining it for me. I guess I'll have to order them.

    Heather


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails