Rummanah Aasi
  I'm very excited about today for mainly two reasons: 1. There is of very cool Mortal Instrument series news and 2. I just received my very first blog award. *Squee!*

First, book news in case you missed the live chat with MI author Cassandra Clare:

1. There will be a total of 6 books in the Mortal Instrument series. The last three books are titled: City of Fallen Angels Book 4 ( slated to be released on March 11, 2011), City of Lost Souls Book 5 (slated to be released on May 2012), and City of Heavenly Fire Book 6 (September 2013).

2. City of Fallen Angels takes place 2 months after City of Glass. Here is the press release found on Clare's website:  

"Love, blood, betrayal and revenge--the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels. Simon Lewis is having some trouble adjusting to his new life as a vampire, especially now that he hardly sees his best friend Clary, who is caught up in training to be a Shadowhunter--and spending time with her new boyfriend Jace. Not to mention that Simon doesn't quite know how to handle the pressure of not-quite-dating two girls at once. What's a daylight-loving vampire to do? Simon decides he needs a break and heads out of the city--only to discover that sinister events are following him. Realizing that the war they thought they'd won might not yet be over, Simon has to call on his Shadowhunter friends to save the day--if they can put their own splintering relationships on hold long enough to rise to the challenge."
3. The Mortal Instrument Series will be adapted into graphic novels by Th3World Publishing. Dates are yet to be determined. Here are some examples of how the graphic novels is shaping up. The examples look terrific!

4. The author has posted teasers for City of Fallen Angels here. FYI, the paperback edition of City of Glass has a sneak peak of both Clockwork Angel and City of Fallen Angels.

5. City of Fallen Angels will be an embargo book, which means no ARC copies and early release of the books will be allowed.

6. The first chapter of Clockwork Angel is available here. The next two books from the Infernal Devices are called: The Clockwork Princess (Sept 2011) and The Clockwork Prince (Sept 2012).

7. A list of signings is listed on Clare's website.

*Squee continues* Second,


I am humbled and honored to receive my first blog award by Lisa over at bibliophiliac. When I started my blog, I wanted to keep a record of what I've read, my thoughts on the book, and a place for reference for parents and teachers. I'm thrilled that I've received great feedback from you guys and I plan on bringing you much more. Now I know that I'm doing something right. ;) Thank you, Lisa! Along with the award I have to share 7 facts about me. Here goes...


1. I wasn't an avid reader until I reached about 4th grade.
2. I was terrified about vampires for the longest time until I read Meyer's Twilight Saga. Now I can't get enough!
3.  I root for Team Damon on Vampire Diaries.
4. I'm Team Peeta all the way!
5. I'm a Shakespeare groupie. Anything even remotely related to Shakespeare and I'm already sold.
6. I have a tendency to believe that characters from TV shows, books, and movies are real even though I'm constantly reminded that they don't exist.
7.  Singers, actors, and sport players are ok, but authors are celebrities to me.



5 Responses
  1. Jenni Elyse Says:

    Such exciting news about The Mortal Instruments series.

    I would never have guessed that you didn't like to read until 4th grade. It took me a little longer (until about 3 years ago), but I'm glad we're both there! Now, if only I cant catch up to your speed!


  2. The Frosts Says:

    I was just reading your YA reviews and they are EXCELLENT and right in-line with my views/opinions of the few books we've both read. PLEASE review more!! I also love your "word of caution"...I'm always looking for someone to give me a heads up of what the books moral contents are like. Thank you!


  3. Hermana Maw Says:

    I love that you believe in fictional character. They're such good friends. :)


  4. @Jenni: Yep, I use to get in trouble when I was little because I didn't read very much. Thanks to the librarians in my life, that all changed. As for reading speed, you build that over time. ;)

    @The Frosts: Thank you! I try to write pithy reviews that cut straight to the chase. Glad that you enjoy reading them. I have a slew of YA books to read so more reviews are coming!

    @Leisha: I know! There's an avatar that I love which says "Fictional Boys are so much better". LOL!


  5. Nat Says:

    Congrats on your award! I am also Team Damon, although I am not Team Peeta...I cant' wait for Mockingjay!!!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails