Rummanah Aasi
 As part of the promotional tour for Glimmers hosted by Candace Book Blog, I'm very happy to have the author of the book, Barbara Brooke, on the blog. Today Barbara will talk to us about her audience.

Who do you write for? 

   I write for people who enjoy traveling to another time, eating exotic foods and pretending that anyone can attain a superpower. Paige has the ability to “glimmer” into other people’s lives and experience their memories. Her first glimmer takes her into the life of a young girl from West Virginia during the 1980s. I wanted this story to have the same Southern warmth from books like The Notebook and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Paige’s second glimmer throws her into an uncomfortable moment from her sister’s life … and reveals a secret that Paige would rather not know. The third glimmer pulls her back in time to 1818 England, into the life of her great ancestor Emma. Emma’s story is charming and elegant like Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.
   Through Glimmers I was able to bring elements from some of my favorite books. I was able to explore different personalities and talents through the perspective of four unique women. My taste is eclectic. I adore many styles of writing, as well as an array of settings, personalities and moods. I suspect that I’m not alone when it comes to altering my surroundings depending on how I feel at any particular moment: diving into a specific book, immersing inside a particular movie, devouring certain foods or humming to just the right song. Glimmers was written for women 16 and older, but can also be enjoyed by the fellas. I could name a few men whose eyes welled, just a bit ;) 

  I've noticed that some men are closet romance readers so it's not all that surprising to see them pick up your book. I love the sound of the story within the story feel to your book. I'm also excited to see how the concept of Glimmers work. Thanks for stopping by, Barbara!


A simple touch and suddenly, Paige is in the past - living someone else's life, seeing the world through their eyes, and feeling their deepest emotions.
 Paige used to think memories only existed in one's mind. But now, she knows better. She can't explain how or why, but she has glimmers: special moments that have remained behind - clinging to a letter, a ring, even a worn-out pair of boots.
  When Paige returns from each glimmer, a small part of her has changed. Who is this gourmet cook, fashion designer, feisty lover? And how is she supposed to explain this to her family without them thinking she has completely lost her mind?
  Paige thought her new talent was a gift, until…she was suddenly transported into her sister’s memory, and caught a glimmer of her secret life.
3 Responses
  1. Candace Says:

    I really loved this book and enjoyed the stories within the story. I hope more people will give this one a read cause its awesome!
    Thanks so much for hosting a stop! I will be back to promote on social networks. :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for inviting me to your site. I also think that many men are closet romance readers ;)


  3. Jenny Says:

    I wish my husband was a closet romance reader! That would be ideal, but sadly, it's never going to happen. Guess I'll have to pick up his slack and buy double the number of romance books ;-) Having the ability to "glimmer" would be very cool I think - terrifying at first most likely, but it would fascinating to see how other people live for a short time:)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails