Rummanah Aasi
Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine! This week I'm eagerly awaiting the release of E.K. Johnson's Exit, Pursued by a Bear. The book will be released on March 15, 2016.



Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnson 
Publish date: March 15, 2016
Publisher: Dutton's Children Books (Penguin)


 This book is being billed as Veronica Mars meets William Shakespeare. After reading the book's description, it does seem like a loose retelling of A Winter's Tale. I have already read numerous glowering reviews for this book so I have high expectations for it. 

Hermione Winters is captain of her cheerleading team, and in tiny Palermo Heights, this doesn’t mean what you think it means. At PHHS, the cheerleaders don’t cheer for the sports teams; they are the sports team—the pride and joy of a tiny town. The team’s summer training camp is Hermione’s last and marks the beginning of the end of…she’s not sure what. She does know this season could make her a legend. But during a camp party, someone slips something in her drink. And it all goes black.

In every class, there’s a star cheerleader and pariah pregnant girl. They’re never supposed to be the same person. Hermione struggles to regain the control she’s always had and faces a wrenching decision about how to move on. The assault wasn’t the beginning of Hermione Winter’s story and she’s not going to let it be the end. She won’t be anyone’s cautionary tale.
8 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Whoa. I wasn't expecting the synopsis to take a dark turn like that. Sounds like Hermione is made of stern stuff though, and I'm glad she's not going to let her rape be the end of her story. Definitely looking forward to this one Rummanah!


  2. ceres95 Says:

    This one seems very interesting


  3. This one has such an interesting cover. I am curious about it, especially after reading the synopsis.


  4. "Veronica Mars meets William Shakespeare" Really? Usually those comparisons are so off the mark, but if it's true... :)


  5. Kindlemom Says:

    Wow that is intriguing! What a great pick! Thanks for putting it on my radar.


  6. Sounds intriguing. A mix of Veornica Mars and Shakespeare? Count me in.


    Majanka @ I Heart Reading


  7. Aylee Says:

    Not sure I can resist a book with an MC called Hermione... Although I guess the glowing reviews are a pretty good reason to want to read the book, too :) I'm not at all familiar with A Winter's Tale though!


  8. Candace Says:

    I read this one and it is EXCELLENT. Very well done. We have a character who is STRONG. She struggles of course but she's a tough cookie and despite the subject matter it's not a depressing book. It's frustrating and angering but I just admired this MC so much. I think this is one you'll enjoy for sure.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails