Rummanah Aasi



6/6 books



  Believe it or not I have a hard time choosing adult contemporary novels to read. I've been very successful in finding great reads from the Alex Awards. So I figured this was a great challenge to discover more great titles. 

What are the Alex Awards? The Alex Awards are given each year to books written/marketed to adults that have special appeal to young adults (age 12-18). They often feature teen protagonists.

Why should we care? As an eclectic blogger, I love crossing over from genre to genre. I have found that occasionally there is a division between adults who read adult books and adults who read young adult books (and of course, there are many who read both). I think it would be interesting for both types of readers to try out these books that blur the lines between these two genres.

When does the challenge run? It runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012. You have to start the book after January 1, 2012 for it to count.

What are the rules? It's pretty simple -- read Alex Awards winners! I will also count nominees. You can find lists here. There are four levels - 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books, or 10+ books. You are not required to post reviews, but on January 1, 2012 I will put up a linky for participants to post their reviews.

Goal for this challenge: 6 books

Great! How do I sign up? Write an introductory post stating your desired level and link to it in the linky at The Story Girl's reading challenge post. You can sign up at any time from now until the challenge ends, so feel free to join in midway through the year.

Books Read for Alex Awards 2012

1. Stardust by Neil Gaiman 
2. My Abandonment by Peter Rock
3. Breaking Night by Liz Murray
4. Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
5. Three Girls and Their Brother by Theresa Rebeck
6. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

3 Responses
  1. I'm doing this one as well and I am also doing the YA Award Challenge, which includes the Alex Award


  2. Jenny Says:

    AWESOME! I'm a big crossover reader, I adore both YA books and adult books and I think there are so many that appeal to all ages despite them being categorized as one or the other. Such a great challenge, thanks for letting me know Rummanah!


  3. LL Says:

    Thanks for joining in! I've posted a place to link up to your reviews now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you read. Welcome!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails