Rummanah Aasi
  Things will be relatively quiet here this week at my blog. I'm wrapping up a few left over reads for this year and will be participating in a few reading challenges for next year. Today's topic for Top 10 Tuesday, an awesome feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is discussing our favorite reads from 2011. Here are mine, in alphabetical order, along with a link to my review. I still have to write a couple of reviews for a couple of them and hope to do that this week.


Favorite Books Read in 2011


Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake- One of the best YA horror books I've read in a really long time and my favorite debut novel from this year. I think it would make an awesome movie if Tim Burton, Neil Gaiman, and Joss Whedon got together for a project. Can't wait for Girl of Nightmares





Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin -  A powerful, unflinching, influential, and gripping story that forces us to think critically about racism in America. Though written several years ago, it is still important today. 





 Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor - An exquisite, awe inspiring read that knocked my socks off. I'm highly anticipating on what happens next in Karou's adventure.









 Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen- A sweet, relatively clean tween romance that has heart and wisdom. I can't believe it took me this long to read it.









 Forever (Wolves of Mercy #3) by Maggie Stiefvater- The perfect conclusion to the Wolves of Mercy series. I don't think it could have ended in any other way. Romantic and haunting just like Maggie's writing.









Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampire #4) by Chloe Neil- I experienced a wide range of emotion while reading this book, but the last page had me stunned. I was so flummoxed that I had to read the last 5 pages at least three times. Fabulous tension, mystery, suspense, and romance. 







 

 Stolen by Lucy Christopher - Lucy Christopher's debut and Printz honoree title, Stolen, let me speechless and had me thinking for days. This book was so frightening that I couldn't deal with reading it by myself and began telling coworkers just to distance myself from it.








 Where She Went by Gayle Forman- Seeing Adam in so much pain broke my heart. I started crying around pg 50 of this book and didn't stop until an hour after I read the last page. It's perfect.









Wherever You Go by Heather Davis - A brilliantly crafted novel that seamlessly blends contemporary fiction with a dash of the supernatural. This quiet book pulled on my heart strings right away and didn't let go. I became so invested in Holly's, Rob's, and Jason's lives that I couldn't stop reading. The characters were honest and their problems were authentic. 







 Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick- Wonderstruck shows us how thrilling a museum can be. Visually stunning and aptly named, Wonderstruck is a definitely a wonder to behold regardless of its weight and tome-like appearance










 Other favorites not listed due to space constraints: Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews, Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs, and The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus #2) 

What are your favorites from this year?

7 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    Such and awesome list Rummanah! You have some of my very favorite reads up there as well (yay ETHAN!!!). I adored Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Anna Dressed in Blood, I'm going to get a stress-induced ulcer waiting for those sequels:)


  2. Jenni Elyse Says:

    Rum, I also loved Anna Dressed in Blood and it made my list too. Can you believe that I still haven't read Forever yet? It's one my last-minute reads for this week, though. :)


  3. Susanne Says:

    Nice list! Where She Went was amazing! I still need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

    My Top Ten
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-favorite-books-i-read-in-2011.html


  4. Love this list! I've read a few of the books you mentioned, like Forever (so good), and want to read a few others.


  5. Christina T Says:

    I thought Flipped was such a cute story. I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet but I am eager to start it soon. I also want to try Wonderstruck. Great list!


  6. Where She Went! Loved, loved it!

    I've got Flipped and Stolen in my TBR pile along with Anna Dressed in Blood and Daughter of Smoke and Bone so I'm looking forward to reading those next year.


  7. BookQuoter Says:

    I am so jealous. Have not read a single book from your list:(

    Wishing you a healthy new year!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails