Rummanah Aasi
 Today I have The Wicked and the Just author, J. Anderson Coats, stop by today. The book is a debut novel for 2012 and a must read for those who are interested in learning about the history of Wales. I enjoyed the book and will have a review of it next week. Ms. Coasts is here to tell us about her preferences for each pairing:

Wales or England?  Wales for leadership, England for military architecture


Country or city?  Country


Landowner or Lady of the house? Landowner


Historical Fiction or Contemporary Literature? Yes to books!


Pencil or Pen? Pen


Writing an outline or free write?  Free write


Outdoors or indoors? Indoors


*The Borgias or The Tudors? To live under, or hang out with?


Reading preference: Short shorties or novels? Novels


Writing preference: Novels or poetry? Depends on my mood

 *I should have specified the Borgias or Tudors question. I was thinking of which would be better to live under. My personal choice would have the Tudors. 




Cecily’s father has ruined her life. He’s moving them to occupied Wales, where the king needs good strong Englishmen to keep down the vicious Welshmen. At least Cecily will finally be the lady of the house.
  Gwenhwyfar knows all about that house. Once she dreamed of being the lady there herself, until the English destroyed the lives of everyone she knows. Now she must wait hand and foot on this bratty English girl.
  While Cecily struggles to find her place amongst the snobby English landowners, Gwenhwyfar struggles just to survive. And outside the city walls, tensions are rising ever higher—until finally they must reach the breaking point.
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Cute and quick interview...Ive never heard of this book....its sounds really good...:D


  2. Jenny Says:

    Hahaha defiinitely YES TO BOOKS! And I feel like I would probably prefer the Tudors given the Borgias reputation for poisoning people. Not that the Tudors couldn't be lethal as well, but I would be especially paranoid around the Borgias:)


  3. Fabulous questions! I agree with you on most of these, Jillian, and I can't wait for Tuesday!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I will repeat my tweet: Gloriana FTW! :)

    Great Q&A! Can't wait to read this book!!!


  5. I haven't heard much about this one, Rummanah, so I'll be curious to see what you liked and disliked about it.


  6. One of my trusted friends already reviewed The Wicked and the Just and her review was so good that I wanted to grab a copy right away. I don't normally read historical, but I do make exceptions if they come highly recommended, and this one clearly is. I can't wait to get my copy.


  7. Haha! I love the "Yes, to books" response. And yeah, I'm not sure I could live under either the Tutors or the Borgias, but it would be fun to hang out them. :P


  8. I'd choose the Tudors, but I might like to be the Lady of the house. Sounds kind of like I might have more time to read :)

    Heather


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails