Rummanah Aasi


   I am trying to be a bit more organized for next year. I have been looking for reading challenges that are fun and expand my reading boundaries. My first reading challenge for next year will be to participate in the 2011 Debut Author Challenge that is hosted by Krisit at The Story Siren. I read about this challenge this month and was a bit too late to participate for this year, but I'm so excited to join for next year. I plan on reading at least fifteen books for this challenge, but may end up reading more. I already see lots of my blogger friends joining the challenge. I can't wait to see what people read and read their reviews!

Here's some information about the challenge:

  1.  The objective of this challenge is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. 12 books is the minimum to participate but there is no max limit.
  2. Anyone can join. You don't have to live in the U.S. or be a blogger.
  3. If you do have a blog, it doesn't have to be written in English to participate.
  4. You can join anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011. 
You can read about how a book qualifies for this challenge here.

You can sign up for this challenge here.

 Here is my tentative list of books that I'm hoping to read for this challenge. I'm sure I'll add more as the year goes on:

January

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (1/4/11)
XVI by Julia Karr (1/6/11)
The Trouble with Half a Moon by Danette Vigilante (1/6/11)
Warped by Maurissa Guibord (1/11/11)
Timeless by Alexandra Monir (1/11/11)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis (11/11/11)


February

So Shelly by Ty Roth (2/8/11)
Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (2/8/11)
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Molten (2/15/11)
Exposed by Kimberly Marcus (2/22/11)
Haven by Kristi Cook (2/22/11)

March

I am J  by Cris Beam (3/1/11)
Clarity by Kim Harrington (3/1/11)
Falling Under by Gwen Hayes (3/1/11)
The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker (3/1/11)
Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard (3/8/11)
Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach (3/31/11)
Wither by Lauren DeStefano (3/22/11)
Between Shades of Gray by  Ruta Sepetys (3/22/11)
Illegal by Brettina Restrepo



April

Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder (4/4/11)
Blood Magic by Tessa (4/26/11)

Future Imperfect by K. Ryer Breese (4/26/11)

 May


Divergent by Veronica Roth (5/3/11)
Sparrow Road by Sheila O'Connor (5/12/11)
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky (5/23/11)
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (5/31/11)
5 Responses
  1. Holy crap! Thanks for adding THE LIAR SOCIETY to your list. We really hope you'll enjoy it!


  2. I can't wait to read it!


  3. Yay! Thanks for including CLARITY! :D


  4. Jenny Says:

    Yay you're doing the challenge too! We have quite a few of the same books on our list so it's going to be fun comparing notes on all of them!


  5. thanks so much for joining the challenge!!! happy reading and good luck!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails