Rummanah Aasi
  It's time again for Top Ten Tuesday! As you all know the Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers list and share their lists on specific topics. Today's topic is: the top ten books I'm anticipating for 2011. There are so many great books coming out next year that it's hard to list just ten, but I'll try. Please note these release dates were taken from either the author's website or from the Ya Lit website. Also keep in mind that release dates are subject to change.

Top 10 Books I'm Anticipating for 2011 (in no particular order)

1. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. I have loved her other two books in the Seven Kingdom series (Graceling and Fire) and have been recommending them to people ever since. Release date (according to Amazon): 4/1/11

2. City of Fallen Angels (Book #4 of the Mortal Instrument series) and Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I'm curious as to how Simon is adjusting to his new lifestyle as well as who is the new big bad? The cover for City of Fallen Angels has just been released. Go here for more info! As for Clockwork Prince, I'm wondering what big secret Will is harboring. Release dates: 4/5/11 and 9/11 respectively.

3. Forever (Book #3 of the Wolves of Mercy series) by Maggie Stiefvater. I really, really, really hope that Grace and Sam have a happy ending. I'm also curious about what happens with Cole and Isabel. Release date: 7/12/11

4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman. This is the sequel to her phenomenal If I Stay. I'm wondering if I should stock up on tissues for this one. I couldn't stop crying while I read If I Stay. If you haven't read If Stay, put it on your tbr list now! Release date: 4/19/11

5. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen. Sarah Dessen is the queen of teen romance. I've loved all of the books I've read by her so far. Release date: 5/31/11

6. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. I love Libba Bray and her wacky sense of humor. This one looks hiliarious. Release date: 5/24/11

7. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I've heard lots of great buzz about this debut 2011 novel. Release Date: 1/11/11

8. Crossed by Ally Condie (Matched #2). I really enjoyed Matched this year. Even though I knew it was going to be a trilogy, I was so frustrated with having so many unanswered questions. Release date: 11/1/11

9. So Shelly by Ty Roth. I love books with literary allusions, especially when it comes to the Romantics.  Release date: 2/8/11

10. Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. What can I say about Riordan that you haven't heard yet? I'm a sucker for Greek mythology! Release dates: Fall 2011 

There's a whole bunch more I haven't typed here, but you can some of them on my tentative list for 2011 Debut Author YA/MG Challenge!
10 Responses
  1. Daisy Says:

    Yay for Beauty Queens :) I totally forgot about Bitterblue! I loved Graceling. And I really should get to reading Matched and If I Stay. I hadn't heard about Son of Neptune yet, am going to add it to me to-read list right away.


  2. Jenni Elyse Says:

    How did you find out about Bitterblue's release date? The last I heard about it on Kristin's website, it didn't have a release date yet.


  3. @Daisy: Those are some great reads!

    @Jenni: I found that date according to Amazon, which I really hope is true. I'll put a disclaimer on that. Thanks!


  4. Jamie Says:

    Oh my gosh. YES. I am stockpiling the tissues just in case Where She Went is anything like If I Stay!

    I have to check out a few that I haven't heard much of!


  5. Straylights Says:

    I'm looking forward to city of fallen angels as well, and at the same time...not lol I liked the ending of the first three books


    Top Ten Tuesday


  6. Melissa Says:

    I love your list Rum!! I have not heard of a couple so I added them to my reading list.


  7. danya Says:

    Hey, just wanted to let you know that Matched arrived today - thanks!! I can't wait to start reading it and perhaps Crossed will soon be added to my anticipated reads of 2011... :D


  8. @Jamie: That's what I'm thinking.

    @Straylights: I know what you mean, but since my favorite character is Simon, I'm really looking forward to it. According to Clare, it's suppose to be a new trilogy. I guess we'll see.

    @Melissa: I'm glad! :)

    @Danya: Yay! I can't wait to read your review on it.


  9. lkmadigan Says:

    Rummanah, I think you'll be soooo happy with WHERE SHE WENT. It's just ...

    ... I loved it.

    Perfect.


  10. @LK: That's exactly what I'm hoping to feel for the book. I can't wait!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails