Rummanah Aasi
  As part of the Lies Beneath promotional tour hosted by The Teen Book Scene, I'd like to welcome Calder to the blog today. I sent Calder a few words and asked him what was the first thing that came to his mind. I will say that I'm definitely curious about his answers and I'm sure there's a story lurking there somewhere. I hope you enjoy!

Water - Home
 
Love - Foreign Movies

Family - Mysteriously Cool Thing When It Works
 
Betrayal - Unavoidable

Revenge - My Sister Maris
 
Purpose - To Make Things Right

Laughter - Hungry
 
Sadness - Black

Happiness - Pink
 
Peace - Dream On

Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistable good looks and charm on ususpecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him. (Cover and description courtesy of Goodreads)


7 Responses
  1. Revenge and Maris so go together!


  2. Revenge! Oh that one is spot on. I really liked his sister. :)


  3. Jenny Says:

    The word associations are one of my favorite types of tour stops, I think it's so much fun to see what pops into peoples' heads! The betrayal/unavoidable one makes me sad for Calder:(


  4. I understand them all but the foreign movies, but maybe I missed something when I read the book! Yes, it's an interesting book, not what I expected, but I enjoyed it. My review is up tomorrow. Good words to send him!

    Heather


  5. Candace Says:

    It's amazing how much a couple words reveals about a person or a book. I actually feel like I got quite a lot from that little bit! I look forward to reading this one one of these days.


  6. This was definitely interesting. I still haven't met Calder yet and his book is waiting in my stack. Soon.....


  7. TayteH Says:

    Happiness-Pink. Strange answer for a guy, but cool. :D


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails