Rummanah Aasi

 Welcome to the fourth week and final discussion of the Some Girls Bite Read-Along! For those of you who don't know, the fabulous ladies behind Tina's Book Reviews, Superntural Snark, The Unread Reader and myself are hosting a read-along of the first book of Chloe Neill's outstanding Chicagoland Vampires urban fantasy series. For all the details about the event and our grand prize giveaway, be sure and check out the introductory post HERE.
   Missie from The Unread Reader is hosting the discussion this week so head over to Missie's blog to link up your posts. Check back next week with a very special guest post from Chloe Neil and the announcement of our giveaway! I would like to thank Ms. Neil for supporting our read along of her awesome book series and to my fellow hostesses who made a newbie read along member feel so welcome. Thank you, ladies! Without further ado, here are my answers to this week's questions

Discussion Questions Chp 13-15 + Epilogue

Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job at Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you'd like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?

 I bet you probably thought I'd be the librarian, eh? Actually, I would love to spend time in the Cadogan library because it does sound awesome but I wouldn't be active in all the action. I'd like to be one of the guards who work behind the scenes. While I detest the idea of working out, I do love solving puzzles and finding out the answers to questions that I don't know. I'd rather work with Luc instead of the grouchy guy in the library that pops in and out. :)

In the supernatural world of Chicagoland Vampires, politics seem to play an important role in the way the Houses are run. Now that you've been introduced to the Rogues, do you think it's better for vampires to be a part of a House or to live outside of one. 

 From what I know I think I'd rather be part of a House instead of a rogue. We really don't know much of the Rogue lifestyle besides being independent and fighting for your own survival. I think it's interesting that human Merit's life seems to be more akin to a rogue where she virtually had no family connections (Man, did her family get on my nerves and didn't really want almost anything to do with her!) and now vampire Merit finally does have a family.

After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?

Ah..yeah! Merit was treated as piece in Ethan's politics game. He saw an advantage in forming 'allies' and took the opportunity. It's also a kind of slap in the face for Merit. She finally accepted she her role in the Cadogan House and only to realize that she's nothing more than a pawn. As for Morgan, ugh! I liked him at the beginning and thought there was some potential but he just reminds me of a junior high kid. Actually that scene reminded of the time when you are in junior high and you have to tell your friends to tell your crush that you like them because you don't have the guts to do it yourself? Yeah, it was cheap back then and it's still cheap now.

When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspensions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator's motive?

  I wasn't really all that surprised with the motive, but I was surprised how none of the vamps could figure it out. I think there were really large clues staring them in the face. I also knew there was another reason why I hated Amber so much. LOL!

What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?

Favorite parts: Hanging out with Mallory, Catcher, and Jeff. The commendation scene was beautifully written and the almost kiss with Ethan and Merit was such a tease. Luc's introduction to the guards and meeting Lindsey.

Least favorite parts: Merit talking with her dad, Morgan openly asked to date Merit  

 What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?

I already know what happens to her in the five books that are released till date. So in order to not spoil anyone who hasn't, I will say that she will face a lot of surprises that she didn't see coming involving her various relationships that will test her in many ways. Merit's got a lot of growing up to do and a lot to deal with. I can't wait to August to see how she deals with it.
10 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    EPE!! Merit and Ethans almost kiss was one of my fav scenes too...;)

    I cant wait to finish the series, I love me some Merit and Ethan drama!! And PS- you would be a total kick-butt guard.


  2. Jenny Says:

    Yeah Rummmanah! TEAM GUARDS! We could patrol together, though I'm not sure I'd be much help in an actual fight. I would run like the wind:)

    I think you made a great point about Merit finally having a family in Cadogan House, I never really thought about that but you're right. If I were her, I'd definitely be leaning toward life with a group of people who would be looking out for me and protecting me as I did them since that clearly didn't happen in her home life:)

    Thanks so much for hosting the read-along with us Rummanah!


  3. Grouchy guy that pops in and out of the library? When does he show up?

    I was more than a little surprised that the vampires didn't piece together the clues faster. It all seemed pretty obvious from my stand point and the fact that they had to wait until the big reveal made me question just how they've survived all this time. LOL


  4. Thanks, Tina! You would rock as the Social Coordinator.

    Jenny: We could get fighting lessons with Luc. I think that should encourage us, no?

    Missie: He comes up in the next few books when Merit visits the library. And yeah, I don't know why no one in the House suspected her or could solve it before the big reveal.


  5. Thanks, Tina! You would rock as the Social Coordinator.

    Jenny: We could get fighting lessons with Luc. I think that should encourage us, no?

    Missie: He comes up in the next few books when Merit visits the library. And yeah, I don't know why no one in the House suspected her or could solve it before the big reveal.


  6. I am glad I am not the only one who hates the thought of rigorous workouts. Hey at least as a guard you get a kick ass sword!
    I missed the gouchy librarian. If that is the case then I will stick to my garden.
    I kind of like Morgan but I think Merit just needs to go out with Jeff. Seriously before her change she was a nerdy scholar nd not exactly a hot guy magnet. They would be great together.
    I am so glad will see you on the Hounded read along!


  7. LoveOfBooks Says:

    What I liked about the Merit and Morgan scene was when she was putting him in his place. Loved it. But then it had to be ruined with the whole courting thing. Yeah, it was really messed up that she had just so openly cemented her allegiance, and Ethan pulled that crap. Not cool at all.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Haha, I'm going to take my chances that the library guy is just as hot as everyone else seems to be, vampire genetics and all ;) and choose librarian anyway. The thought of all those years of book collecting was too tempting!


  9. It seems like a lot of people want to be a guard and hang out with Luc :) I must find out more about him.

    I think I'd like being a librarian. I might be working with a grouchy guy but if he's just popping in once in a while, I have no problems with that. I'm pretty much free then to do whatever I want.


  10. Prangon Says:

    I need to catch up with you then. Three more books... or maybe more I am not sure =l
    The scene with Merit's dad was just terrible. But I guess it was needed for readers to understand Merit's detachment towards her family.
    Thank you for hosting the Read-along Rummanah, I had allot of fun :)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails