Rummanah Aasi
  As you may recall, I had a little trouble in reading Nightschool Vol 1 due to the jumbled narrative, numerous plot lines, and lots of characters. While the premise was interesting, I was a bit lost. I picked up volume 2 of the manga series in hopes that my confusion would be cleared up. Some of it has, but I still feel like I'm missing something.

Description (from the back cover): When Alex's sister, Sarah, vanishes and all memory and evidence of her existence is erased, Alex is determined to get to the bottom of her sister's disappearance. What better place to start her investigations than the Nightschool itself? But when she discovers that sneaking into the Nightschool isn't as simple as it might seem, Alex enrolls as a student. But is she prepared for what she might find?

Review: Unlike the first volume, there are only two story lines in this volume and they were easy to follow. In the first story line Alex is trying to find her sister, Alex, who seems to have vanished without a trace. The only way Alex can find answers is to enroll herself in Nightschool, where she faces problems. In the second story line, the hunters are looking for solutions to help their friends who have suddenly gone comatose. This volume was okay but not great.
  The art in this manga is eye catching and the words are easy to read in the panels. My main problem is that there are no introductions to any of the characters nor are their explanations of any of the character's powers. I'm not vested enough in the characters in this manga series and I don't think I'll be picking up volume 3.

Rating: 3 stars

Words of Caution: There is some language and mild violence in this volume. This series should be okay for 8th graders and up. 

If you like this book try: Nightschool Vol 3
3 Responses
  1. Nat Says:

    I have never read manga before. I certainly understand why you've given up on the series, not being invested in the characters is a major drawback.


  2. Thanks for telling me about mangafox! That makes me life much easier.
    Too bad about nightschool. A lot of the manga I've read so far (which isn't much) is touch and go - it's hard to find ones I really get into.
    My IMM


  3. You're welcome, Alison! I just started reading manga, but so far my favorite series have been: Death Note, Emma, and Vampire Knight.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails